Wish You Were Here
A downloadable game
Wish You Were Here is a compilation zine of various roleplaying games I designed during 2018 and released to my backers on Patreon. Most of the compiled games were published on the backs of postcards and mailed to recipients, with a few exceptions in short zine format. This will be the first time these games are collected in print.
Many of these games were written to be very short, a necessary evil to fit on the back of a postcard. In Wish You Were Here, each game is getting additional art, bonus content, and author's commentary to give readers a peek into how and why they were made the way they were.
When gearing up for this campaign, I realized I had put too much work on my plate, so I decided to get some other writers to help out. A very cool crew of guest designers are writing supplements to each of these games and are credited below!
Games included in Wish You Were Here:
- Peril - a gm-less philosophical debate game about the end of the earth for 3 players. Additional writing by myself.
- Kintsugi - a gm-less time-traveling rpg for 3 players. Additional writing by Noella Handley.
- Standoff - a gm-less western-themed hidden role game for 3+ players. Additional writing by D.G. Chapman.
- Snow & Cocoa - a Lasers & Feelings hack of kids avoiding responsibility on a snow day for 2+ players and a GM. Additional writing by Tyler Crumrine.
- Cur820 - a gm-less party game of found objects for 3+ players. Additional writing by Aaron King.
- 815 - a roleplaying game emulating the TV show LOST for 2+ players and a GM. Additional writing by Will Jobst.
- Time Capsule with a Demon Inside - a gm-less reflective storytelling game for 3+ players. Additional writing by Will Jobst.
- Cause & Effect - a sci-fi rpg of lost memories for 2+ players and a GM. Additional writing by Ash Cheshire.
- RUST - a gm-less summoning ritual for 3+ players where you listen to stoner metal and perform worship acts for an expanding pantheon you create. Additional writing by Theodore Mallison.
Wish You Were Here is presented here for the first time as a 60 page 5.5x8.5" zine with full color interior.
physical zine edition available from worldchampgame.co/store
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Each purchase of this game unlocks additional free copies for those in the community who are otherwise unable to pay for a copy themselves. Feel free to claim one of these at no cost if you need to.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.