is a tabletop roleplaying game of demons, metalheads, and weirdos surviving and thriving in an isolated city of warped technology in an alternate timeline featuring tons of analog ink illustrations, intuitive dice mechanics for fans of Mothership or Blades in the Dark, fascinatingly weird worldbuilding, and much more.
Pickup the hardcover tome edition, software application card packs, expansion zines, and more at worldchamp.io/store.
Cybermetal 2012 runs on a quick and efficient d100/2d10 system that feels intuitive for any experienced roleplayer but is easy to learn for newcomers too.
- When a character wants to do something difficult, awesome, or particularly interesting, they roll d100 hoping to get equal to or under a given Skill Threshold to determine success/failure.
- The player chooses one of their d10 and assigns it as the amount of damage they give/battery charge they lose with their chosen action.
- The remaining d10 determines the Fallout, or how things get better or worse for the gang from there.
Items, social standing, faction interactions, assistance, and more can affect these variables, allowing players the opportunity to get clever and skew things in their favor while still allowing casual players compelling options with dynamic results.
Different Hardware (physical body), Operating Systems (role/class), and swappable Software (momentary specialty or sub-class) give players varied abilities that bend these basic rules, as well as offering specialized gear, unique contacts, social responsibilities, and more, making every character decision an interesting one with tons of story potential attached.
Check out this video by Spencer Campbell/Gila RPGs to learn more:
purchasing this digital suite includes:
- Cybermetal 2012 rulebook, 144 pages of fully illustrated rules, adventure hooks, illustrations, and much more for thrilling roleplaying in Pentagram City.
- Software, the modular character skills that can be swapped at computer terminals across the city, in both print & fold sheets for physical life play and card images for virtual tabletops
- Printables: Character sheets, gang sheets, and ledger sheets to print at home or form fillable for digital play
- access to any future updates to the core mechanics or free adventures
for even more Cybermetal 2012, check out the free demo prequel Y2K and the first expansion zine DLC with four more hardware options (angels, corvids, echoes, and vampires) with playable adventures for each one